Our ethics hotline is monitored by a team of well-trained investigators and a whistleblower can anonymously place a report with us via a phone call, email or WhatsApp message.
We are differentiated by the integrity, tenacity, experience, and professional approach which enables us to support our ethics hotline.
An additional advantage to our service is that we provide the client an investigation plan/strategy to guide them on a way forward which is something not provided by many other firms offering ethics hotlines. All information is kept strictly confidential and is not released to any third parties.
Our investigators have conducted investigations from tip-off lines previously and thus understand the process well. Furthermore, we are one of the few investigation firms that offer a full complement of forensic services which sets us apart from many of our competitors.
Our capabilities include the ability to infiltrate undercover agents into client operations, penetration of criminal networks, forensic investigations and all other issues relating to safety, security, crime, loss, risk and fraud.
We assess Reports after receipt to determine the category of the allegation, completeness of information, risk impact to the company, investigation priority, precautions to be taken and allocation of the case.
We utilize the following criteria for assessing a report which includes:
- Is there sufficient information to mandate an investigation?
- What are the risks to the organization in terms of reputation and stakeholders?
- Is the allegation credible and can it be verified?
- Is the allegation a criminal offence and does it require police involvement?
- Securing of physical evidence and documents
- Media leaks.
- Previous reporting of the allegation and any investigation undertaken
- Are senior level employees involved?
- Nature of the misconduct
The outcome of the assessment may include:
- Engaging with other functions such as HR without compromising the identity of the source.
- Gathering of further information.
- Implementation of preliminary measures such as suspension of suspects and securing of evidence.
- Ensure safety and security of the source especially when his identity is known.
- Refer the source to other procedures such as grievance procedures.
- Involvement of law enforcement and regulatory authorities.
- Full on investigation where strong evidence is available.